Monday, April 6, 2009

My Wonderful Husband

My husband did something wonderful this weekend. He gave me time off. Yes, really. I started getting sick on Thursday and was totally miserable by Friday. He must have sensed that his wife was in serious need of comfort food. Maybe his week from heck needed a happy ending. But pizza night was roll out the red carpet welcomed on Friday. After dinner, I told him how I really just needed to relax. I complained about never being able to sleep in since someone had to get up and feed the kids. We watched television for a while. When I could no longer hang, I kissed him goodnight, took some cold medicine and went out like a light. My husband must have taken what I said to heart (or maybe he just took pity). For, on Saturday morning, he got up and fixed breakfast for the kids. Eventually, my body finally cooperated and followed my stomach's advice. I got up and fixed myself scrambled cheese eggs and toast. My girls actually let me eat in relative peace. On Sunday morning I awoke to find myself feeling plastered to the bed. Again my husband handled the morning bustle. At least I'm sure he did, but again, I slept through it.
By far, this was one of the most relaxing weekends I've had since before I had kids. I even got to take naps too. The only downside was that I didn't get to thank my husband before he went to work this morning (verbally or otherwise). He was gone by the time I woke up. But, I'll remedy that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment