Thursday, March 5, 2009

Unfinished Business

You know, looking back, there is a lot of unfinished business in my life. Many projects I would begin and never finish or sometimes never start in the first place. My family and I used to call it procrastination. I thought maybe because I breezed through school that I never developed a good work ethic. Looking back on my work history, I tended to be quite knowledgeable and thorough in whatever I did. Others thought maybe I didn't want something bad enough. Yet, I keep coming back and trying again. The more I think about it, in fact, those times that I spent struggling to get started or struggling to finish were the times when I felt lost and unsure. I didn't know where to begin or what steps to take next so I would sort of let the project go. Sometimes I would reach out for help. Frustration and hurt would set in when that help didn't materialize. I think that people didn't realize that I was looking for someone to get into gear and play on my team rather than stand on the sidelines and cheer. I still have that same problem today. There are plenty of people who'll send me off but none with the inclination or time to help me navigate the more technical side of things. Guess I'll get there when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment