Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is Summer Over Yet?

It's only July. I sooo need for it to be over. All the kids had plans for the summer. They were going to be somewhere else for the whole summer. The kids were supposed to be staying with other family members. I would get a much needed break and be able to give my undivided attention to my own ventures. That didn't happen. Had my husband and I known that things would fall apart the way that they did, maybe we would've had time to put a backup plan together. The kids would have been enrolled in summer day camp here and I wouldn't have spend my day entertaining, refereeing and cleaning. I don't mean to sound unmotherly. I'm just one of those people that need space and quiet time. Add to that the fact that when I'm on a roll (writing), interrupting me is the last thing you want to do.
So while the kids are enjoying themselves, I'm stressed and distracted. This is why people stay close to home or why moms move in once the baby is born. They get it. *sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment