Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Other Best Mother's Day Present

Mother's Day weekend has just begun and I'm already a little disappointed about how the weekend is going so far. It looks as if it's going to be mostly hustle and bustle. I don't think I'll be having the special family time that I wanted. Folks seem to have a different agenda. The moment I had that Thought I immediately began to feel guilty. I thought "What if I didn't have kids?". Before I had the girls, I always felt a little sad around this time of year. I would feel as though I was missing out on a wonderful experience, a part of who I was supposed to be. Now that I have kids, I'm complaining about not being able to turn that experience off when it suits me. These thoughts have brought me to the realization that there's more to Mother's Day than just honoring your mother, grandmother, aunt, etc.. Mother's Day should also be about every woman celebrating the ability to touch some one's life in any "mother like" capacity. I am truly grateful to be able to give other human beings the kind of unconditional love and acceptance that I had...The kind that everyone deserves. The opportunity touch some one's life in that "mother like" capacity is the other best Mother's Day present...the best every day present.

No comments:

Post a Comment