Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Wonder What My English Teachers Would Think

I started this blog as a way to get myself back into some good writing habits. I thought it would be a great way to force me to write everyday. Also, if I didn't post regularly, then I would be sure to hear about it. So now that I think I'm starting to get the hang of things, I'm ready for some feedback. Particularly I'm very interested in the opinions of my high school English teachers. I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to point out any grammatical errors. But I really want to know what they think. I've always had really good grades in English class partially because I like to read. However, writing assignments of any kind would always stress me out (and I think they noticed). I still stress about it today, but life without writing is unimaginable. So, it's time to do some digging. Instead of starting online, I'm going to start in my mother's basement. I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember any of their names. Once I go through my yearbook then I'll be able to begin my search properly. Some of them may still be teaching at my old high school. Maybe I could visit. I'd really like to know what they thought of me as a student. Did they imagine that I would make a career out of writing? Is it any better now than it was then? What would you guys ask your teachers/professors? Would you seek their approval or go back just to gloat? Would you want to keep in touch or tell them where to get off at? As for me, I just hope they are all still alive. Nonetheless, I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment