Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Hardest Part About Writing

The hardest part about writing, for me, is the stress I put myself through. I spend too much time agonizing over what to write and when to write it. My least productive days are always a result of me over thinking the process. Then, I end up with nothing. This is a very hard habit to break. I find myself making excuses. I don't want to get up early, even though I'm usually awake. I'd rather not disturb my husband's morning routine, or worse, him disturb my routine with soap operas, morning shows, ironing requests and dare I say it... talking. Nighttime isn't a good time because there is still too much going on. That leaves the rest of the day for spurts of productivity squeezed between the needs and demands of two toddlers. When I think of it, this is actually a pretty good arrangement. Less people in the house means less human interaction. The real bonus is that I get full computer access (mostly interrupted of course). Kindergarten is sounding better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment