Saturday, June 20, 2009

You know you speak Toddlerese when...

Last night, My husband , the girls and I went to the market. They didn't have all of what we wanted, so we left to try another one. As we were leaving the shopping center, I heard my oldest mumble something. When I asked her to repeat herself, she said, "I want to go to the pepper diner!". My husband asked, "What did she say?". "She wants to go to the pepper diner", I replied. He was puzzled of course. "She want to go to Chile's again", I told him. We laughed. If motherhood required a resume, I'd add Toddlerese to Adult translator as a skill.

5 comments:

  1. That is a funny post. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah being able to understand their language is a skill.even though i haven't had my own toddler in some years my neices keep me well versed.so did you go to Chile's or did you buy dinner? AML

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pepper diner--that's cute! Great job on the translation too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute tale! Chile's...huuum never ate there before gotta give it a try...

    ReplyDelete